Field fire in Welton started by what's believed to be a discarded cigarette

It broke out yesterday afternoon on Heath Lane

The huge field fire in Welton yesterday was started by what's believed to be a discarded cigarette.

8 engines were needed to put out the 40 hectares of stubble at Heath Lane yesterday afternoon.

Lincolnshire firefighters have responded to more than 10 similar field fires in just the last 5 days because of the dry, hot conditions.

More from Local News

Listener Club

Get more with the Listener Club!

Recently Played

Weather

  • Sat

    1°C

  • Sun

    6°C

  • Mon

    7°C

  • Tue

    10°C

  • Wed

    8°C